People today are overwhelmed with choices – and often unsure about where to find verified, unbiased information. There are more than 32 million businesses in North America alone, and hundreds of thousands of sites around the world where people shop online. Thousands of free and subscription websites offer a range of information, including reviews, reports, directories, listings, and gripe sites. Where can consumers turn to find trusted information?
For more than 100 years, the Better Business Bureau has been helping people find businesses, brands and charities they can trust. In 2019, people turned to BBB more than 183 million times for BBB Business Profiles on nearly 5.8 million businesses and Charity Reports on 11,000 charities, all available for free at BBB.org.
The Better Business Bureau brand is represented by four national and international non-profit organizations:
The International Association of Better Business Bureaus (BBB.org) represents the local, independent BBBs that serve every community in the United States, most of Canada, and a growing number of locations in Mexico. Its foundation is the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust (BBBMarketplaceTrust.org).
BBB Wise Giving Alliance (Give.org) helps donors make informed giving decisions and promotes high standards of conduct among organizations that solicit contributions from the public.
- Since 1912, BBB has helped people make smarter buying decisions, and BBB is evolving to meet today’s fast changing marketplace needs.
- BBB sets standards for ethical business behavior and monitors compliance. Almost 400,000 Accredited Businesses meet and commit to our high standards.
- BBB helps consumers identify trustworthy businesses, and those that aren’t, through more than 5.4 million BBB Business Profiles.
- BBB sets standards for and evaluates thousands of advertisements each year to ensure that people can trust what advertisers say.
- BBB sets standards for and evaluates the practices of thousands of charities so that donors know where their money is going.
- BBB coaches businesses on ethical behavior and how to build stronger, more trusting relationships with their customers.
- BBB offers its national and local consumer services online and in person, helping people nearly a quarter of a billion times each year.
- BBB is a trusted source for the news media, and its messaging reaches hundreds of millions more through stories in both traditional and social media.